Almost every Nigerian has Maldives on their travel bucket list. The island nation has everything that one needs to have the best vacation of their lives; far-stretched beaches with mesmerizing white sands, crystal clear tranquil turquoise waters, magnificent nature-stricken beauty, and perfect landscape.
Maldives is an even more beautiful place during summer. It is most enchanting to see the sunny side of the Maldives with magical displays of heavenly hues of sunshine adding glamour and making the beaches even more mesmerizing.
BRIEF COUNTRY PROFILE
Maldives is an island nation, officially called the Republic of the Maldives, a southern Asian chain of coral islands and atolls in the Indian Ocean. The atolls formed atop submarine mountain ridges. The island nation shares maritime borders with India, Sri Lanka and the British Indian Ocean Territory.
- Official Name: Dhivehi Raajjeyge Jumhooriyyaa
- Int’l long form: Republic of Maldives
- ISO Country Code: mv, MDV
- Local Time = UTC +5h
- Country Calling Code: +960
- Capital City: Male’
- Area: 298 km² (115 sq. mi.).
- Terrain: Flat coral islands.
- Climate: Hot and humid.
- Languages: Dhivehi (official); many government officials speak English.
- Literacy: 98%.
- Currency: Rufiyaa (MVR)
Top Things To Do in Maldives in Summer
Summer is a good time to visit Maldives. You can enjoy the calmness and full glory of the beach; sunbathing and relaxing to the peaceful sound of the waves. There are as well many water sports you can indulge in such as scuba diving, surfing, snorkeling, parasailing, kayaking, paddleboarding etc
Tips for Visiting Maldives in Summer
- Pack clothing made of cotton, linen or jersey because the weather is warm
- Go along with sun-blocks, sunglasses and hats to protect yourself from the sun rays
- Carry swimwear if you are planning to indulge in enthralling water sports and activities
- Keep some amount in US Dollars for easy transactions
Do you plan to visit Maldives this summer? Check out our all inclusive Maldives Summer Package